Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WEDNESDAY 2/15/12


Mike Sirois has an event tonight!  From 6-10 PM check out Trinity Hall onn Mockingbird Lane.  It has something to do with judging bartenders.  I'm going to be there.  You should be there too.  That's my lead news story for today. 

BONNAROO 2012 LINEUP ANNOUNCED
Here's the link for the entire lineup.
http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/

Headliners: Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phish

Here is my custom lineup.  The criteria is bands that I would actually pay to see if they came in town on their own.  Obviously at a festival you'd check out a lot of things, but here's the list of bands that I would actually be excited to see.

http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/user/791261/bands

Cool.  I think I would choose Hangout Festival over Bonnaroo this year.  We're still waiting on the ACL lineup.  Party.


TORTURE MOVIES
I've thought about this for a long time, but I think now I have a reason to type about it.  Yesterday during "Community Quick Hits", Corby did the story about a local man who sexually tortured a woman for 12 days.  The link is here.

I know that nutjobs are nutjobs and any normal person can separate movies from real life, but do you think this stuff would happen if it weren't for the torture in movies like the "Saw" series or "Hostel"?  I realize torture has been happening in movies for decades, so I want it to be clear that i'm not calling out those two specific film series.  I just wonder if people get ideas from all the disturbing things they see.

The Corsicana man in the story linked above apparently was getting revenge.  He had tried to get in her pants years back, and she "thwarted his advances" as Danny Balis put it.

Look, the guy is a psychotic jerkface, but I hear about stories like this and I can't help but think that there is some motivation from the torture scenes in certain horror films.

Just a thought.  I don't know.  Maybe i'm a moron.


OLD PEOPLE IN COLLEGE
I fully support going back to college or finally going to college to get your degree, or to just accomplish something.  I also think most old college students are really annoying.  In my experience, they talk too much, they ask way too many questions, and they aren't nearly as funny as they think they are.  I've come across a couple olds in college that were actually genuinely awesome, but for the most part they creep me out and annoy me, not to mention everyone else in the class.

Here's a story of a guy who is either a pervert, or the most innocent romance writer of all-time.


WORST SWINGS OF 2011
The great Jeff Sullivan of Lookoutlanding.com (a Seattle Mariners fansite) put together a compilation of the 10 worst swings of 2011.  Of course Vladdy made the list.

DINOSAURS
Hey remember that television show "Dinosaurs"?  I barely do, but for some reason I thought about it the other day.  I'm sure it was awful.

It's hump-day so go hump somebody.  Con-sensually.

Also, if you want to go see The Polyphonic Spree at the Sons of Hermann Hall on Thursday night, then buy your tickets at Good Records.  Tickets are 20 bucks each.  It's a really fun show, and you won't regret it.

KT




No comments:

Post a Comment