Friday, February 17, 2012

FRIDAY 2/17/2012


CIRQUE TV EPISODE 9
An overall new direction.  Jake is in for Cash.  Hondo makes an appearance as well as Ticket Chick Lauren and Grammy Award winner Bon Iver.  We also check out the plaza!

POLYPHONIC SPREE

I saw the Polyphonic Spree for the 3rd time in my life and 2nd time this year last night at Sons of Hermann Hall.  The first time I saw them, I had very little idea about what they did.  I knew them as the band that showed up on Scrubs for one episode and jammed in the hospital.  I loved that show and saw them again on New Year's Eve.  Another great show, and since then i've been digging into their catalog.  I can now officially call myself a real fan.

Last night's show was once again a lot of fun.  This was definitely more intimate than the first two I saw at the Palladium and House of Blues.  Tonight's show was 90 minutes, and it seems like the first two times I saw them it was a 2 or 2 1/2 hour show.  It should be mentioned that those shows were "special event" shows.  One was something for Southern Comfort, and the other on New Year's Eve.

Their shows are such a joyful experience.  It's very crowd-involved, and there's a lot of sing-along parts for the crowd to take part in.  I'm relatively new to their bit, but for now if they're in town then i'll always try to check it out.


GUS FRING
The chicken man from "Breaking Bad' will appear in an upcoming episode of "Community" once it finally returns to NBC.  Omar from The Wire/Chalky White from Boardwalk Empire has already appeared this season and is scheduled to appear at least one more time, so Community has done a great job of casting some of the great villians in TV history.  God, Community is such a great show.



LOUIS C.K. RETURNS TO PARKS AND RECREATION
On last night's episode of Parks and Recreation, comedian Louis C.K. guest starred and returned in his role of Dave the cop.  In Season 2 Dave briefly dated Leslie Knope.

It's a very funny episode, and we also briefly get the return of Duke Silver.  Although it's not the actual Duke Silver, it is still Duke Silver.  I realize that makes no sense, so go watch the episode.

I don't buy Tom and Ann dating, or Ann having that much patience with him, but it's at least a different concept that should probably last until the end of the season.  I will say no more about this episode, so go enjoy.

MVP: Ben (Adam Scott)


TICKETSTOCK
This weekend is Ticketstock!  Go out to Irving and check it out.  Here's a couple videos from Ticketstock 2011.











No comments:

Post a Comment