Monday, February 6, 2012

POST-SUPER BOWL MONDAY 2/6/12


So there was a football game last night.  The New York Giants are your 2011 NFL Champions.  They beat the Patriots 21-17.  Congratulations to the Giants, proving once again that the hottest team heading into the playoffs is usually a pretty good bet.  I have some fundamental problems with the Patriots clock management at the end of the game.  Clock management is made so much easier if you commit to something.  The Patriots did not commit to letting the Giants score until after they had taken one of their remaining timeouts.

Hard to believe that Eli has more super bowl victories than Peyton, but it's true.  Congrats to Tom Coughlin and the Giants.

Didn't really get a chance to pay attention the commercials, and when I did watch closely nothing really seemed to stand out.

As for the halfitme show, I think Madonna did a decent job.  She clearly wasn't singing, but who really does at the Super Bowl anymore?  I'll take her over the Black Eyed Peas anyday.  Picking a Super Bowl halfitme act is difficult because you need to choose someone that appeals to the masses, but also hasn't performed before.  I think her new song sucks.  i think Nicky Minaj and M.I.A were pretty much useless and unneeded in the performance.  I was entertained.  In the end that's the job of the halftime entertainment.  I also really like the song, "Like a Prayer" so I guess if she didn't play that at all then I would sour a bit on the presentation.

With that, we have moved on from football and pitchers and catchers report in a little over two weeks.  I could use some baseball.

I'm going to be lazy today.  No links, except for the video for Cirque TV Episode 8 which is below.

Have a happy Monday.

KT


No comments:

Post a Comment