Thursday, February 2, 2012

GROUNDHOG DAY 2012


First of all, we had local sports last night.  The Mavericks and Thunder played their third contest of the year with the Mavs losing a tough one.  Dallas appeared to get the shaft in the second half on multiple bad calls, but that's the way basketball go.

And the Dallas Stars took on the Anaheim Ducks led by Gordon Bombay.  The Stars found a way to handle the knucklepuck of Tyler Russ, and the Ducks couldn't rally around the leadership of Charlie Conway.  The Stars pick up two very much needed points and the playoff plot thickens for Dallas.

THE PACKERS BACKUP QB HAS A HOT GIRLFRIEND
Matt Flynn is probably about to make a lot of money when he signs with a spare NFL team with quarterback issues.  Despite one pretty good NFL start, and one really good NFL start against a crappy secondary, he's going to make bank bro.  We, here at The Kevin Turner Blog, have found out that he's definitely getting ass.  



Let's see how she compares to Aaron Rodgers' alleged girlfriend Destiny Newton.

MAN KILLS A GUY, THEN ADOPTS HIS OWN GIRLFRIEND...
Uhh, read the article for details.  I think the details are way too sketchy, and the lead gets buried.  How in the hell is his long time girlfriend, a 42 year old, up for adoption?  

The second aspect of the story is that this almost has a Breaking Bad vibe to it.  Somehow by adopting her, he's leaving her a lot of money in the case that he goes to prison.

SHOWTIME 
I have a Showtime t-shirt.  That's not important to this part of the blog post.  Showtime announced yesterday that they've renewed Californication for a 6th season. Shameless for a 3rd season, and House of Lies for a 2nd season.  I dumped out of House of Lies after 2 episodes, although I like the cast of Don Cheadle, Kristen Bell, and Ben Schwartz (Jean-Ralphio).  I don't watch Shameless, but it's something I could see myself getting into at some point.  I do watch Californication.  I'll never consider it one of the epic all-time great shows of our time, but it's a really fun watch even though this season has been lacking.  It's definitely a shell of it's former self, but entertaining as hell.  Not sure how much gas it has left, and I kind of thought this season might be the last but apparently that's not the case.  Showtime continues to provide competition for HBO, and the world might just be a better place because of that.  The second clause of the last sentence I typed makes no sense.

SURVEY ON WOMEN
Some magazine called Ask Men UK conducted a survey on the most desirable women.  I have a few fundamental problems with surveys in general, but specifically on this list with Lana Del Rey being on it.  I just don't get it I guess.  Very funny to see Pippa ranked above Kate Middleton.  I love me some Pippa.  Here's the list.  

1. Zooey Deschanel
2. Emma Watson
3. Daisy Lowe
4. Lana Del Rey
5. Mila Kunis
6. Pippa Middleton
7. Katy Perry
8. Rihanna
9. Tulisa Contostavlos
10. Kate Middleton



Just to be clear, the above list is not my list. My list would look like the list below if we are going under the criteria of "desirable".

1. Aubrey Plaza
2. Alison Brie
3. Rashida Jones
4. Scarlett Johannson
5. Mila Kunis


METEOR
Apparently a meteor blew through the sky and landed somewhere in the area last night.  I didn't see it or hear it or feel it for that matter, but I saw the pictures on Facebook.  Pretty crazy stuff, wish I could have seen it like everyone on my timeline claims they did. 


GROUNDHOG DAY
The legend goes that if the groundhog named Phil sees his shadow, then we get 6 more weeks of winter.  If he doesn't, then we get an early spring.  I think it's pretty stupid, because how in the hell do we know what the groundhog is actually seeing.  Either way, I guess it doesn't really matter as long as the temperature remains the way it has been for the last week or so.  I'm not dumb enough to expect it to remain this way, but you never know.  

Mushmouth Thomas should get his own day.  He's more badass than Poonanny Phil or whatever his name is.

I bid you good day!

KT



No comments:

Post a Comment