Monday, February 13, 2012

MONDAY 2/13/12: IT'S SO COLD IN THE D


Last night was the Grammy's.  I watch the Grammy's every year, just as I do the Emmy's and to a lesser extent the Golden Globes.  The Emmy's are about as legit as it gets when it comes to awards shows, but the Grammy's are a joke.  They gave out less than 10 awards during the actual broadcast.  I'm fine with a few performances, but I want to watch the Grammy Awards, not the Grammy Concert.  There were very few highlights, but the highlight of the night was Dave Grohl's speech.  I proclaim this, the best speech in Grammy's history.

Grohl bashed artists for using computers and making themselves sound perfect, while the Foo Fighters wrote their album in a garage.  The Grammy's are nothing more than a platform, and what is put on that platform is a complete fabrication of what music is.  It's crazy, but that's the world we live in.  A world where MTV (Music Television), doesn't even have any music programming.  A world where reality television (which is scripted) does well in ratings.  I have more Grammy HSO's but i'll leave them out of the blog.  Follow me @KT1310 on twitter and scroll through my timeline and you'll fine nothing but Grammy tweets from last night.  I'm a joyful person, but the Grammy's bring out the devil in me.  I hate the Grammy's.

WHITNEY HOUSTON WON'T BE DOWN FOR BREAKFAST
Can't say I know a whole lot about her catalog.  I know that she performed the second greatest National Anthem of all time...seen below....



Rumors are that she wasn't really singing, but i'm not going to be an asshole and reduce her--especially since she's dead.

I remember her in "The Bodyguard".  It's not a movie I watched but my memory tells me Costner was in the movie.  I could be wrong, but that's when the "and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII........WILL ALLLLLWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUOHHHHUUUUUUU" song happened.  I just don't know.  I know she had a relationship with Bobby Brown.  His greatest work can be seen below...



I know her and Bobby did a lot of drugs together.  Rumors are that she was with Ray-J or something, and that they were possibly dating.  I just don't know much anymore.  Whitney Houston, dead at the age of 48.  Stay hard, Whitney!

If you'll notice, in the first paragraph I said that her 1991 National Anthem was the second greatest rendition ever.  Here's the greatest...



MAJOR SOCIETY ISSUE OR DO GIRLS JUST LIKE VIOLENCE?
Chris Brown performed twice at last night's Grammy Awards.  If you remember, he's the guy that flipped out on Rhianna and beat the crap out of her.  I'm still amazed that someone from her posse didn't cap him.  He's an animalistic psychopath, and his only real talent is dancing.  Here's something I found that was linked up to me from the great David Olshansky of CW33.

Seriously, click the link.  It's shocking.

ANOTHER PARKS AND REC GUEST
ERIC!!!



Yes, Bradley Whitford will apparently guest star later this season on Parks and Recreation.  This move also unites Whitford with his co-star from The West Wing, Rob Lowe.  Parks and Recreation will have Louie C.K. on Thursday, and has already had Paul Rudd this season.  Awesome!

BOMBING
I was involved in one of the great photo-bombing incidents of 2011 with this picture from Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket's Summer Bash!



Here is one of the best videobomb's i've ever seen.  The difference is that this is accidental.

EXTRA BOMBS
And here is a collection of some other photo-bombing incidents that I was involved in.







Get your Monday on!

KT

1 comment: